The Ministry of Common Sense
The Ministry of Common Sense
Meet one of the world’s most respected consumer branding experts and a pioneer in the fields of consumer psychology, marketing, and neuro-marketing research, Martin Lindstrom, at our exclusive members-only EGN webinars:
February 25th 2021.
This webinar will be based on Martin Lindstrom’s latest book, The Ministry of Common Sense: How to eliminate bureaucratic red tape, bad excuses, and corporate BS (January 2021). Drawing on insights from over two decades of transformative work with Fortune 100 companies, Lindstrom identifies how bureaucratic red tape, bad excuses, and corporate BS cause corporate common sense to break down.
Companies and organizations have become so entangled in their own internal issues, so beset by invisible red tape, so handicapped by frozen screens, that they’ve lost sight of their purpose and culture.
Here’s the reality, according to Martin Lindstrom:
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, the TSA (Transportation Security Administration) is allowing passengers to board planes with unlimited amounts of hand sanitizer, while maintaining its 100ml limit on all other liquids.
- Your eighth Zoom meeting of the day keeps freezing — and if you hear anyone say,” No, wait, no, you go first” again, you’ll implode.
- And, by the way, how come every Zoom call lasts exactly one hour, no matter how trivial the subject matter? And as Zoom became a fixture in our bedrooms, why did the toilet breaks disappear?
- Why has a simple task like buying office equipment turned into a six-member committee decision followed by a five-level approval process?
- When a 264-page PowerPoint deck kicks off with “Welcome to the Christmas Party Planning Meeting,” you know it’s time to call the Ministry of Common Sense to put an end to this nonsense, once and for all!
What happened to common sense — and how can we get it back? As COVID-19 profoundly changes the way we work, it no longer makes sense to do things the way we used to.
About Martin Lindstrom
Martin Lindstrom is the author of several New York Times bestselling books that have sold millions of copies and been translated into 60 languages. TIME Magazine recognized him as one of the world’s most influential people, and in 2020, Thinkers50 named him the #20 management thinker in the world. Lindstrom’s latest book, The Ministry of Common Sense: How to eliminate bureaucratic red tape, bad excuses, and corporate BS, is due out on 21 January 2021.
This webinar is part 2. But you are of course welcome to participate here as well.
Sign up details:
The two webinars are not directly connected but please sign-up for both to obtain the full value.
Go to Members’ Universe, where you will find the webinars in the calendar HERE.
The webinars are members-only.
Log-in details will be emailed to each participant 1-2 days before the webinar.